Do you know what the top brands have in common? They know how to create a brand that consumers love!
Today, most of the shopping is done online. The resultant growth in the market has created vast opportunities for your eCommerce store to be recognized via an appropriate brand-building process.
If you have questions regarding what is brand building and how to create a robust brand that is admired by people, then you need not worry.
This blog provides you with a profitable marketing strategy to create an appropriate brand to help you to stand out from your competition.
Why Is Building An eCommerce Brand Significant?
The brand is considered the way people recognize your business. It can be a symbol, a logo, a catchy tagline, etc., that makes your audience think of you the moment they hear your brand’s name.
Moreover, brand marketing plays a very crucial role in the growth of your business. Building a strong brand helps your customer to always choose you over your competitors. When the customer gets used to your product and your brand, they will most likely become a loyal customer. They will trust and support you during challenging times as well.
Four V’s Of eCommerce Brand
Today, millions of companies are fighting hard to create a brand and be on the top in their respective industries. They are including some vital principles and techniques in their brand strategy.
They are the four pillars that help you build a successful eCommerce brand. Let’s have a look at each one of them in detail:
Vision and mission are the two crucial points that either make or break your business. A vision is very essential to make a company enticing. It should spread the message of your company’s goals and achievements. In short, it should be impactful rather than being wealthy. The two most significant points you need to consider while creating a vision are:
- How Did You Identify Your Vision?- With this question, we mean remembering the aims you thought of while founding this company and what are its founding principles. The answer to these questions is the ultimate vision of your company.
- How A Vision Should Be?- Always remember to keep the vision of your company crisp and short. Ensure to explain it in layman’s terminology, i.e., it should be well-structured. It will help you in drafting a vision that will help you in attracting customers.
The values indicate something precious to you and your audience. They provide critical guidance to the organization in terms of what you do and how you do it. You can explore the values of your business when you obtain answers to the following three questions:
- What are your favorite brands doing?- It is significant as it helps you to identify with them since they are sharing similar values.
- What are your customers saying about your brand?- Look at the reviews and surveys of your audience to get an idea of your brand’s performance in the market.
- What are the top three priorities?- It helps you to focus on what is the most significant to you.
In this fast-growing world, having a voice is pretty important. When your brand has a voice, it will be able to generate a community and attract more audiences. Always remember to keep it simple and consistent that your target audience will never forget.
Moreover, sharing weekly newsletters and updates helps you remain connected with your consumers. Therefore, for creating an identity of your company that your audience will recommend to their friends and family, voice is considered a very crucial approach by multiple organizations.
Brand Visuals are the ones we call visible symbols associated with your organization. The three visuals that identify your brands are:
- Logo- The logo is considered the face of your brand. The entire point of creating a logo is to serve as a visually helpful cue.
- Color- SInce colors conjure several emotional responses, it is an essential visual in terms of brand recognition. According to the research, by using an effective color, you can effortlessly increase your brand recognition.
- Typography- Typography plays a very crucial role in the appearance and style of a written word. It can change the perception and behavior of your customer toward your brand.
How To Create An Unforgettable eCommerce Brand?
Learning how to build a brand is not difficult. However, if you want to achieve success, you need to have a sturdy brand strategy. Following are the ways that will turn your business into a brand.
Identify Your Target Audience
Before building a brand, it is very important to consider the audience you are targeting. At first, you might find determining your target audience a pretty difficult task. Having an audience-focused marketing strategy enables you to attract more customers. Moreover, you need to keep the following points into consideration if you want success in audience targeting:
- Ensure to deliver your target audience’s basic demographics like their needs, problems, and desires.
- Dig deeper in locating the online channels they most prefer. It might include Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
- Identify their pain points and the problems they have that your product can effortlessly solve.
- Investigate the search terms they use to search your products online.
When you will find your audience, you will be able to:
- Create personalized and relatable content
- Invest your time, efforts, and money in the appropriate direction
- Decrease your brand marketing budget
- Generate campaigns that increase your conversion rates
- Improve your targeting techniques
- Perform effortless customer segmentation
- Deliver a personalized user experience
Outline Your Mission
Like vision, you should also focus on your brand’s mission. The brand-building process gives an overview of what your brand is all about and what you have to offer your customers. It is significant as some people tend to remember a brand because of its appealing mission.
It is considered one of the best promotion strategies for your business. So, ensure to write it on your website and market it to make aware people of what your brand does.
Define The USP Of Your Brand
In this competitive market, not every brand is considered unique. However, they stand out from the crowd because of their USP or Unique Selling Proposition.
Hence, to brand your business, outlining its primary benefits becomes relatively essential. And you can achieve it by:
- Hyper Focusing Your Target Market
- Creating benefit-rich tagline
- Making minor differences in your product
You can also highlight your culture or policies with the help of your brand.
Be Consistent And Loyal
When we shop online, we usually select the brand that we are stuck with for years or even decades. We don’t even have a second thought about browsing for a similar product in other eCommerce stores.
Have you ever wondered why we do so?
Because that brand is consistent and reciprocates our loyalty. They maintain the same standards in terms of the quality of products and services. In its response, we choose to stay loyal to that brand.
This is why being consistent and loyal is a very profitable marketing strategy for your brand. Ensure to provide your customer with a transparent, authentic, and reputable brand.
Create Appropriate Customer Service
About 90 percent of Americans believe customer service is one of the considerable factors when deciding to do business with a particular brand. And it is the general principle of almost all the top brands. If your customers are not happy, it is difficult to survive in the market. Therefore, you need to deliver delightful customer service so that they remain loyal to your business.
Hence, ensure to optimize your customer service by:
- Arranging contests to reward users
- Engaging with your customer on the platforms they are mostly active on
- Training your staff
- Asking for feedback
- Improving your tone of the interaction
- Being a precise and active listener
- Replying to the social media posts you are tagged in
To successfully brand your product, you need to keep enhancing the customer service of your eCommerce store.
Create An Accurate Content Strategy
Content is the voice of your brand. Therefore, you need to create very convincing content to prevent yourself from struggling to market your eCommerce store. With the help of a solid content strategy, you can attract, convert, nurture, and retain customers effortlessly.
According to the report, 90 percent of organizations utilize content marketing. In addition, it costs less than the traditional marketing method and even generates three times more leads. When you enhance your branding with an appropriate content strategy, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Increase in customer loyalty
- Become a genuine and authentic brand
- Smooth conversions
- Increase your sales
- Generate more traffic and leads
- Establishes brand awareness
- Enhance engagement of your website
From social media posts or emails to landing pages or infographics, every platform requires appropriate content.
Establish Your Style
Your customers do not always choose your brand just because they like your products but because of the experiences, they have with your brand. Your brand’s logo, user experience, copy or colors, everything should converge to create a delightful brand experience. It helps you to make your customer remain loyal to your brand forever.
Share Your Brand’s Story
Customers find stories very fascinating. Hence, we advise you to share your brand’s story as it will help you in creating an emotional bond with your customers. You can share your success and failure stories. After all, your customer has the right to know your brand’s journey.
It is the best way to make users empathize with your brand and promote your online store legitimately.
Concentrate On The Quality Of Your Products
Today, eCommerce businesses have shifted their focus from launching a plethora of products to providing a single, best-quality product. It is because customers today shop for products that fit well with their quality expectations.
Moreover, when you focus on different products, you may compromise on the quality, which could result in your customers choosing the competitor’s brand over yours.
On the other hand, when you focus on one single product and its quality, you tend to generate more leads for your brand and even improve your reputation.
Emphasize On Email Marketing
According to Statista, about 3.9 billion people all across the world used emails in 2019, which is expected to grow by 4.3 billion by 2023. It showcases the number of people who indulge in email marketing.
It covers every phase of the sales funnel. It helps in engaging and retaining your customers. Moreover, with the help of email marketing, you tend to enjoy the following benefits:
- Helps in generating leads efficiently
- Provides return on investment
- Helps in tracking performance effectively
- Nurtures audience appropriately
- Provides exposure
- Makes customers loyal to your brand
The best part of this brand-building process is that it can be performed by businesses of all sizes. All it takes is some analysis and creating emails that relate to the audience.
Generate A Catchy Tagline
Like logos, taglines also play a significant role in brand recognition. It is a combination of impactful and memorable words that forms a phrase. It is mostly used for advertising purposes. You need to keep a few things in mind while creating a catchy tagline:
- It should be memorable and concise
- Depicts your brand honestly
- Should attract audiences
Tagline helps your customer remember your brand forever. Hence, create an amazing tagline for your eCommerce store.
Leverage Social Media And Advertising
Successful eCommerce brands should leverage social media as one of their marketing strategies. It is one of the most straightforward and effective methods to boost your brand presence. Furthermore, the reports from Statista state that by 2025, approximately 4.4 billion people will use social media platforms.
With the help of social media, you will be able to increase the outreach of your brand, improve brand awareness, better target your audience, offer an appropriate user experience, and maximize engagement and conversions.
By building an appropriate eCommerce brand, you will not only boost sales but also build a sturdy clientele for a successful future for your business. Always remember, strategic branding provides more than just customers. It can help you in creating an engaging community of brand evangelists